Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Prayer

Oh, purify the dross within.
Cleanse my heart from bent to sin.
Let my in-turned eyes turn out,
My ears be tuned to needy shout.
I see so much of me these days,
But more and more I want to pray
That I would disappear in You,
That mind and heart would be true through.
For people need me worse than me,
Yet need not I, but only He.
Begging love with loving eyes,
To love them back is my desire.
That nothing selfish, impure, unholy,
Would make the flow of love run slowly.
That I'd invest my too-few years
In more than just regretful tears.
A desperate feel grasps passing time;
A futile sense to even try.
But try I must, for even one
That finds the solace of the Son
Is worth all sorrowful sin refused
All hurtful, selfish pride that's bruised.
"I'm not my own!" This all my thought,
That with the blood of Christ I'm bought.
My mind consume with this staunch motto
That always, only will I follow
The One Who gave up all for me,
So I could give up all for He.

Christ, focus my passions truly, fully,
On a lofty aim that's holy.
Dissatisfy my heart with average;
Transform my world into Your image.
Then, may your world consume my world.
Your high and holy banner unfurled
Above a heart that you have claimed,
That solely bears your precious name.
Not marked by sin, or stain, or dross,
But only by the Saviour's Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment