Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Face to Face With Faith

Tonight I was brought face to face with faith in a very real way.  It is easy for me to say that I put my faith in God, but there are some things about my very near future that are very uncertain at this point.  Without going into a lot of detail, suffice it to say that I am going into this next year knowing full well that I may very well be trusting God for some of the basics of life.  The job that I am taking is not lucrative.  I know that going into it, and I am fine with that.  I'm not looking for a job that makes me lots of money; I'm looking to do whatever work God has for me.  But part of me rose up tonight and said that I should lay certain conditions and senarios before my employers and say that if they aren't met, I'll have to do something else.  Obviously I have to have money for the very basic things of life, right?  I have to have housing, food, etc. 

But then suddenly I knew….  No.  I will make no such demands.  I serve Jehovah-Jireh—the Lord Will Provide!  It was Christ Himself Who said,
"So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink?  What will we wear?'  These things dominate the thoughts of unblievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.  Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.  So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries.  Today's trouble is enough for today."  (Matthew 6:31-34)
I am not afraid.  I am resting in Him to provide everything that I need.  He knows best.  It is such a feeling of peace to be able to go into this next year knowing that I will be doing what He wants me to do and that He will be providing for me while I do it.

1 comment: