I've reached that time of life where big decisions must be made. Seems like I heard a lot about decisions like these as I grew up, but they seemed like things off in the future. I haven't really been worried about them as a whole. God has always worked everything out. He led me to the right Bible college, and He's led me in my time here, but now I'm fast approaching the end of that phase of my life. Suddenly I'm being approached with opportunities to move into other work. There is no longer the security of coming back to school next semester. Now…I really don't know where I'll be when next semester rolls around.
The scary thing is, I don't even know how to make decisions this big. I don't even like to make decisions anyway. I'm usually afraid of doing the wrong thing. I know God knows the right thing, and I know He's big enough to let me know. I just don’t know for sure what to look for. I don’t want to make a decision based on my personal feelings or likes and dislikes because God is bigger than those things. He knows what will be best for me ultimately and where I will ultimately accomplish the part in His Kingdom for which He has designed me.
This I do know as I seek the will of the Lord: whatever I do must be to glory of God and must bring praise to Him. I read Psalm 103 this morning in the NLT. It starts out,
"Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me." (Psalm 103:1-2 NLT)
Wherever I am, whatever I am doing, whenever and however I am doing it, I desire with the psalmist, "Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name." There is no higher calling.
And so now I must watch…and pray…and wait…. And in His time, He will reveal His plan. When He does, it will not likely be the whole plan, for I have not found God to work that way. No, likely it will simply be the next step, and when I have taken that one, the next will be revealed. I can say with the psalmist again,
"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." (Psalms 23)
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD…." (Psalm 37:23a)
Yes! You are getting it. God leads one step at a time.
ReplyDelete