Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

A Tale of Two Paths



This is what my life looks like right now from my perspective.  I can see enough to know that I have two paths.  I can see enough to know that both paths look interesting.  But I cannot see enough to know which path I should take or where each path will end.  I can only guess.  It's hard to make a decision when there is no clear path.  That's where trust in God's ever-present, unchanging faithfulness comes in.



This changes the perspective, and it is this to which I cling.  It is the same two paths, but now there is something clear in the picture—something upon which I can depend.  The Word of God and the leadership of the Spirit will show me the way.  I have no other hope.  Outside of this, the decision will be made in my own power influenced by my own emotions and desires.  This must not be.  I find my light and my strength in the Lord.
"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"  (Psalms 27:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment