Today is a busy day. I just got back to my room from lunch. Between now and 9:00 tonight, I have to set up the choir sound system, make sure we have everything for choir tour, tear it all back down, and make sure that it's packed for tour, do laundry, pack completely except for my carry-on, and I really need to do some homework. It's hard to believe that choir tour is here already. Tomorrow morning I have to take someone to the airport at 9:30 and the choir meets to leave at 12:30. Like I said, it's busy, but I like it that way, and I'm excited for tour.
The reason for this post, though, is just to share an answer to prayer that happened this morning that was really special to me and encouraged me in trusting God. There was a job I did awhile back for which I was supposed to get paid, but I had not gotten the money. I was really wishing that I could have the money for choir tour, but I really didn't want to ask for it. I believe it was just this morning that I was talking to God about it, an d telling Him that I needed the money. I think it was last night I simply explained to Him that I had done this work but I didn't want to ask for the money. I decided just to leave it up to Him. I checked my mail this morning hoping that maybe the check would come, but it wasn't in my box. After chapel I was walking with a couple of friends over to the ad building and met the guy who was supposed to pay me for the work I had done. You probably have guessed it by now. =) He held out an envelope and said he was on the way to the post office, but since I was there he'd just give me it there. When I opened the envelope a couple of minutes later, there was twice as much money as I expected, and it was in cash so I don't have to deal with cashing a check when I don't have time to go to the bank.
God is so good. I have experienced His provision before, but this was especially special to me because I had pretty well resigned myself to not having the money before tour or maybe even at all and left it in God's hands. It wasn't even a huge amount of money, but it was a boost to my faith and my confidence in God's ability and faithfulness to provide.
I have been praying along with some friends about some specific things as well. Answers to prayer like this give me even more confidence that God hears, cares, and will answer in His time. We must simply trust these things to Him and wait on His timing.
"So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' these things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." (Matthew 6:31-33 NLT)
Awesome Doug :) God is so good!
ReplyDelete