Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thou Wilt Find a Solace There

Tonight is one of those nights when things feel a bit overwhelming.  It's a whole realm of things from very personal to international.  From battles I don't know how to fight, to decisions I don't know how to make, to friends that are hurting from choices they've made and choices others have made, to situations over which I have no control but over which I would like to have control, to people that are bound in sin's chains and are destroying their lives, to wars and rumors of wars all over the earth, to earthquakes in random places all over the world, to a nuclear plant that could in a moment change the way we all live life for the rest of time….

It is in times like these that I long to go home.  Not home here on earth, for there is no place here on earth that can truly be home when things are so uncertain on a global level.  No, I long to go a place far from here, yet not so far from here.  A place where there is peace…forever.  A place where the presence of God is the dominating, all-consuming, all-satisfying focus.  A place where everything that has ever happened here fades in the light of eternity....

Tonight I find solace in God alone—in the fullness of Who He is.  The Trinity—holy, pure, everything I need, and in His Word—the unchanging, infallible, powerful Word of God, which shall not return unto Him void.

No comments:

Post a Comment