Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Mornings; New Mercies

This morning at the ocean I was reminded of the faithfulness of God to work in His time.  As I looked out over the small part of the Atlantic Ocean that you can see from the shore, and as I watched the sun rising above the horizon casting a beam of light across the waves, I was reminded that even Creation was started at the command of God…in His time.  It was structured and each thing was created as He desired it…in His time.  Through the ages history has been ordered by God.  I will not begin to list examples this morning, but time and time again, in spite of the hard-headedness of men and the breakneck speed at which they have tried to circumvent the will of God, He has always carried out His plan…in His time.  This morning I rest in that fact—that a God big enough to manage creation and organize the history books is big enough to order the details of my life.  In that truth I rest.  In that truth I experience peace.  In that truth I wait.  In His time….

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time….  (Ecc. 3:11a)

No comments:

Post a Comment